MEETING ABOUT ENFIELD’S SOCIAL CARE CHARGING POLICY
LEARN MORE ABOUT PROPOSED CHANGES TO ENFIELD’S SOCIAL CARE CHARGING POLICY
For all Carers in Enfield
MONDAY 17 JULY 2017
311 FORE STREET, EDMONTON N9 0PZ
FROM 6.30pm TO 8.30pm
Speaker: Craig Ward, Solicitor
Enfield Council (and all other London councils) are under increasing financial pressure – and although they’ve increased Council Tax payments this year to try and address these pressures, demand for adult social care continues to grow.
The Council is proposing changes to the way they calculate how much people contribute to their care packages. This could affect you and/or the person you care for. It could mean you lose £27.45 per week.
It’s important that you understand what the changes will mean for you and your household and also voice your opinion on these proposals by taking part in the council’s consultation process.
ECC can help you to take part in the consultation process. This event will:
- Help you understand what the changes mean
- Give you the chance to hear about the legal implications of this change
- Give you an opportunity to raise questions about the change
- Help you understand how to respond to the Council’s consultation process.
The change will affect all Enfield residents who do not receive care provided by the Council during the night and receive any of the following:
- A)Higher Rate of Attendance Allowance
- B)Higher Rate of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) (Care Component) or Enhanced Daily Living Component
- C)Enhanced Daily Living Component of Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
(Please note: the Council consultation has been extended to 13th September 2017)